Saturday, June 16, 2012

Flying Birds, Restrooms and Restaurants

Some crazy things happened to me tonight.  I went to Belk's to look at a pair of earrings and to get inspiration from their jewelry.  Of course, no trip to Belk's would be complete without a trip to the restroom.  The glass of tea and the hour drive to Birmingham make for a pit stop whether it is at McDonald's or Belk's.  My bladder doesn't seem to know the difference.  Enough about bodily functions and back to tonight's events.  On my way to the restroom, the sales associate working the service counter commented on  the necklace I was wearing. She told me she loved it so I thanked her.  While I was in the restroom it occurred to me that I had my business cards with me and perhaps I should give her one.  I have never in my life walked up to a stranger and struck up a conversation about much of anything much less my newly formed jewelry hobby.  I gave her my card and told her I wasn't in the habit of walking up to complete strangers but I wanted to give her my business card.  She seemed thrilled and I was amazed that I had the guts to give her my card.  Only a year or two ago I would have never done that.  I wouldn't have even looked her in the eye.  It's amazing how events in our lives change and shape us.  I feel as if I am finding myself again....defining myself.  She wasn't the only person who commented on my jewelry.  One of the hostesses at the restaurant I where I dined commented on my necklace as well.  My friend told her I made it and she asked for a card.  I guess the events weren't all that crazy...maybe just the hand of God.  I'm just glad to know that I'm finding my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment